There are a LOT of issues to be unhappy about this 12 months. A variety of misplaced alternatives to be with household and associates. A variety of illness and dying. And but we’re all discovering our approach by way of it, utilizing no matter coping methods we will discover. (sourdough bread, anybody??)
I used to be reflecting this morning that my job as an affiliate marketer has truly be one of many issues that has helped me probably the most since March. Whereas strolling on the treadmill (considered one of MY greatest coping mechanisms this 12 months), I began compiling an inventory of all the ways in which affiliate internet marketing has helped me get by way of this 12 months with my psychological well being intact. Listed below are those I got here up with, however I’m wondering if you happen to might add some as properly that I’ve ignored?
- Working from dwelling: Whereas others have been scrambling to arrange workplace areas or determine the best way to do their jobs from their basements, I used to be already. I’ve labored in a well-stocked dwelling workplace since 1999, so I didn’t actually have to regulate in any respect (anticipate to all the interruptions from everybody ELSE in my home now being at dwelling all day!).
- Video conferences: I seen since March that extra persons are utilizing their cameras for conferences quite than simply their telephones. I began seeing the faces of individuals I’ve been “assembly” with on the cellphone for years. I feel as a result of everybody was getting used to doing extra Zooms typically, my commonplace cellphone conferences simply naturally migrated to video calls as properly. It was truly good to see the folks I used to be speaking to for as soon as.
- Exploding workload: On condition that the pandemic despatched everybody on-line to purchase all the things, it created an unbelievable quantity of labor to maintain me busy. And when you find yourself busy, you’ve gotten much less time to take a seat and take into consideration all the issues that you’re lacking. In actual fact, you’re sort of glad you’ve gotten additional time to work.
- Cash: Together with that, let’s be sincere. Affiliate entrepreneurs are typically doing properly proper now. It feels nearly gross to speak about it, however the actuality is that we’re making extra money (usually) on account of the elevated on-line procuring. And when all the things else in life sucks, it’s a minimum of good to have some more money to dream about how you’ll spend when life will get again to regular.
- Digital communication: For lots of people, the lack of in-person occasions/conferences/work meant a lack of social connection. In some methods, it was the other for me. I discuss to folks continuously all day by way of Slack, Fb messenger, electronic mail, textual content messages, Google Hangouts, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram…. you get the image. I don’t go an hour with out having some sort of communication that isn’t work associated.
- Affiliate friendships: It’s loopy however I now really feel nearer to my affiliate internet marketing associates than I do my native associates as a result of the web communications have overtaken the in-person communications. In actual fact, I’ve a standing weekly Comfortable Hour with affiliate internet marketing associates that has just about develop into the factor I most sit up for. Whereas I knew all of them somewhat from Affiliate Summits through the years, I’ve gotten a lot nearer to all of them by way of our weekly meetups.
There are lots of issues that I hope will proceed post-pandemic (like on-line ordering for eating places!), however a lot will ultimately return to the way in which it was. I do know for certain that among the issues above will proceed to be what I admire about affiliate internet marketing.